Sunday, April 26, 2009

Migraine miracle

 Yesterday (Saturday), Aaron had a DJ gig in monument valley.  I was planning on going with him to help load and unload the car, but got a migraine 10 minutes before we left.  Wow!  Can you believe it!  For those of you who don't know, I get really nasty migraines that leave me completely incapacitated for a WHOLE DAY.  This usually involves vomiting, screaming, sleeping and LOTS of pain killers.  Needless to say, I was not going to make it to the DJ gig.  Aaron gave me a blessing before he left.  I kid you not, the migraine immediately left, leaving only a small (bearable) headache in it's wake!  I got lots of sleep and was able to attend the adult meeting of stake conference.  It may sound strange, but I know I needed to be at that conference.  The talks were incredible, and I honestly felt like each one was "just what I needed to hear".  The Lord really does work in mysterious ways.  I am grateful for the blessing of being married to a worthy priesthood holder, and for the miracle of not having to feel the pain of the migraine in order to enjoy stake conference.  Here were a couple of thoughts that stuck out to me:

1) You can't teach a child NOT to hit by hitting
A) Your example speaks louder than words
2) There is no growing in a comfort zone, and no comfort in a growing zone  
3) The strength of youth pamphlet applies to all members 
4) A good strong marital relationship is the best gift you can give your children
5) Increased temple attendance means, increased revelation for your personal life.

Have a happy Sabbath!

6 comments:

Emily said...

This is awesome, B. We had a similar experience with PH blessing for Scott a few weeks ago when he was having some increased lung symptoms. My dad and brother in law gave Scott a blessing and almost immediately, he felt so much better. Thanks for sharing this experience! And thanks for walking me through the blog thing.

KJenx said...

Yeah for no migraine! I totally feel your pain. Some days I am just living for the girls to get home from school so I can take the knock out drugs and go to sleep.

Barbara said...

Priesthood blessings are a powerful thing! What a blessing! You poor thing, migraines are the worst! Thank you for sharing!

Casey said...

I love the one about comfort/growing zones. Pretty much says it all. I'm so glad that your migraine left! How lucky are we to have the priesthood in our lives?

Kelly said...

I'm so glad for you. Migraines are the worst.

I missed the adult meeting due to a very sick little kiddo... Wish I had been able to attend!

Kelly said...

hey helvigs!! i've gone private with my blog but i need your email address to invite you. please email me at kecrowder at gmail dot com so you don't miss out on the fun! :)