1) When asked why we should obey our parents: "Because if we don't, we'll get spanked"
2) The WEEK AFTER a lesson about Ammon & missionary work. This weeks lesson was on how we can be missionaries:
- Me: How can we be good missionaries?
- Mackenzie: Cut off the bad guys arms!!!!
3) Opening prayers reveal so much about a child: "Please bless us not to kick our little brothers, or play hide-and-seek in the fridge, or write our name in yogurt on the wall....".
4) This scenario happened EVERY week after Kenny's B-Day.
- Me: When we keep the commandments, Heavenly Father gives us blessings. Who knows what some of the commandments are?
- Kenny: (Raising is hand very reverently) I got a remote control car for my birfday!
- Me: That's great Kenny, tell me more about it after class. Right now we are trying to name some of Heavenly Fathers commandments, like praying. Can anyone think of some others?
- Kenny: (Raising his hand, and turning to the other kids) It goes on dirt and is red.
5) This one is actually from my 3 year-old nephew Noah. While reading a children's book with his dad (my brother Scott) about the plan of salvation.
- Scott: Noah, if we keep Heavenly Fathers commandments we can become like him.
- Noah: Like him? (Pointing to the drawing of Heavenly Father)
- Scott: Yes, like him.
- Noah: Like him? (Pointing again, making sure his Dad didn't misunderstand the question; starting to look extremely excited)
- Scott: Yes! (Excited that Noah is understanding the plan of salvation. Feeling like he has really accomplished a lot in this 3 minute teaching moment)
- Noah: You mean... (pointing again, and squealing) I CAN HAVE A MUSTACHE!!!
6) We use to "spot light" a couple of children each week to help the kids get to know each other. Parents were given a form to fill out with several questions they were suppose to ask their children. Under "what do you want to be when you grow up", Melany (a sunbeam) said, "A princess, a mermaid, or a fairy."


6 comments:
That is too cute Becky! I bet you are the BEST teacher! No wonder the kids love you :) Primary is the best, definitely my favorite calling by far!
Oh I miss teaching those kids! My favorite was when I asked them what they think our spirits look like. (I love asking questions that little kids will answer while an adult would give the politically correct answer like "well we don't know for sure") They said like diamonds, sparkly, and bright like sunshine.
Love, love this post!! Thank goodness my kid doesn't know about hide n seek in the fridge, or that yogurt writes on walls. HI-lar-e-ous!!! But he does love him some old school mustaches!
This post was the best. I love Kenny and Noah! They won first prize for sure! Thanks for sharing!
This is so cute! I was in the primary presidency in a small branch when I worked at a resort, and I would keep a little journal of all the funny things kids said during church. I loved it!
This is hilarious! I love that. Thanks for making my day happy.
Post a Comment