I have a hard time posting updates on my life, since nothing every seems to change. I normally wake up, eat, go to school, eat, come home, eat, kiss my husband, do my homework, and go to bed......pretty darn exciting huh! This past week was a little different.Have you ever had a week that felt overwhelmingly impossible? I was sure last week was going to be that week for me. There have been many challenges since I started graduate school, but this is the first time I've EVER had a test, project, or final due in ALL of my classes at the SAME TIME!!!! Honestly, I think my teachers forgot that we have more than one class.
This story begins Saturday, March 7th at precisely 10:00 PM....(two days before my midterm was due). Although I had been given a week to work on it, I was busy spending most of that time preparing for a scary voice final, plus a million other assignments. I decided to designate Saturday as my "work-only-on-language-midterm" day. It only had 10 questions, so seriously, how long could it take? HA!!!!!! I woke up at 6:30 AM to begin. At 1:00 PM I had finished 3 questions....yep...ONLY 3. I was starting to panic a little. By 10:00PM I was on question number 5. Like a true procrastinator, I had skipped the hard questions and 16 hours later was only half way through. I have never been so stressed out in my entire life.
Not doing homework on Sunday's is one way I try to keep the Sabbath day holy. It has been such a blessing in my life to have one day a week to NOT think about school, and FOCUS on what's really important. It's a great way to stay balanced, I totally recommend it. BACK TO THE STORY.....At this point, I knew I would not be able to finish on time without doing homework on Sunday. I was in need of a MIRACLE. I wrote my teacher an email explaining our crazy week and pleaded for one extra day. By 10:30 there was still no response and I knew if I didn't get to sleep soon, my primary lesson would be a mess. Aaron gave me a blessing and I quick checked my email one last time.
I had a message from my teacher saying that she was so sorry about our crazy week, and that she would extend the deadline one day. I thought that was enough of a miracle, but it didn't stop there. Later that week I also received an email from my voice teacher informing me that I didn't have to take the final since I had an "A" in her class... My neuro teacher decided to give us a case study instead of a test, and Dr. Ahmend moved the due date for our research paper back 2 weeks. Thanks to my Sabbath day miracle, the week turned out to be not overwhelmingly impossible.
I know that Heavenly Father blesses us when we try to keep the commandments.
What miracles have you seen recently?


1 comment:
Becky, that's awesome!! I'm so proud of you for doing all you can to keep the sabbeth day holy. I love to see blessings that Heavenly Father gives us for doing what is right.
My moms story is a miracle! Nothing would get her breathing until my dad gave her a priesthood blessing. She started breathing 15 seconds later. What a miracle! Our Heavenly Father loves us.
Post a Comment