Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines day miracle


Aaron and I had plans to eat at Brandy's for Valentines day.  It is a cute local restaurant in town.  Even though I have eaten lunch there a million times, I never became obsessed until our good friends Jill and Kevin took us there for dinner.  They have AMAZING dinners that make you want to lick your plate (no matter who you're with)!  The best part of the meal is the dessert... coconut mango cake!  
Because of an ugly test I have tomorrow, I needed to spend most of the day studying.  We decided to beat the crowd and go to Brandy's for lunch.  For some reason I assumed we would still be able to order off of the dinner menu.  Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed when our waitress informed us we would have to come back at 5:00PM if we wanted dinner.  WE COULDN'T EVEN GET THE CAKE.  My poor husband had to suffer through Valentines lunch with a mopey wife who despite trying to have a good attitude, could not get over the fact that the one thing she looked forward to that day was spending time with her husband eating coconut mango cake.
I got back to work as soon as we got home.  Because I was so stressed, Aaron ran to the store to pick up some treats for my primary kids.  When he came back, he informed me that he would make dinner.  This was such a relief since I had SO much to do, and a quick errand to run.  When I got back from my errand, Aaron greeted me at the door and escorted me to a beautifully decorated dinning-room table, where he poured me a glass of Martinelli.  We listened to Frank Sinatra while eating an amazing pasta and Brandy's COCONUT MANGO CAKE!!!!  That is right, he went back to Brandy's and got me the cake.
I am so grateful for such a thoughtful and loving husband.  He is so patient with me, and so selfless.  As good as the cake was, the best part of Valentines day getting was to spend time with him.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

It IS a Valentines Day Miracle...I LOVE the title of your post. It made me also think, "Gee Ricky, I'm really sorry I blew up your mom!"
I miss you Becky, but am so glad your husband takes such good care of you!

Erin said...

Can you pass on this message to your husband? "Way to go Aaron!" That's really cute Beck. I'm so glad you got your cake.

Barbara said...

Aww! What a sweetheart! Somebody LOVES you!

Kelly said...

Hey lady!! I found your blog through ... oh my... I think it was Casey's. Anyway, I just love your postings about your lovey life. You guys are just the best and even if Ted and I don't get to see you as often as I'd like, it's fun to see you around from time to time. Thanks for sharing your Valntine's Day MIRACLE! Ü
-Kelly

Anonymous said...

I have to agree that the allusion to Better Off Dead is pretty sweet! "Wise words from a man who knows how to ski."