Can I just say, my parents are amazing people! It has been such a blessing for Aaron and I to live at home these past 3 months. Not only are we staying out of debt, but splitting household duties between four people leaves me with plenty of time to get homework done. Cooking has to be my biggest struggle. My wonderful mother cooks for us Monday-Thursday--yup, you read that right--FOUR NIGHTS A WEEK!!! Aaron and I take Saturday and Sunday. I was asking my husband what he wanted for dinner yesterday and he kindly volunteered to cook! Have I mentioned that cooking is not really my thing? Here are a couple of pictures of the chef. I tried to get him to put an apron on. He didn't like that idea at all as you can tell from the stop-taking-pictures-of-me-and-let-me-get-back-to-cooking face.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Sunday dinner
Can I just say, my parents are amazing people! It has been such a blessing for Aaron and I to live at home these past 3 months. Not only are we staying out of debt, but splitting household duties between four people leaves me with plenty of time to get homework done. Cooking has to be my biggest struggle. My wonderful mother cooks for us Monday-Thursday--yup, you read that right--FOUR NIGHTS A WEEK!!! Aaron and I take Saturday and Sunday. I was asking my husband what he wanted for dinner yesterday and he kindly volunteered to cook! Have I mentioned that cooking is not really my thing? Here are a couple of pictures of the chef. I tried to get him to put an apron on. He didn't like that idea at all as you can tell from the stop-taking-pictures-of-me-and-let-me-get-back-to-cooking face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
It is so nice to live at home and not have to pay rent. You don't know how lucky you are to have dinner made for you 4 nights a week. I would give my right eye for that... maybe not, but I would LOVE that!
Becky my love has a blog!! Don't worry, cooking isn't so much my thing either and I anxiously await the day my husband volunteers like Aaron :)
You and I with the cooking thing! I have never mastered it myself...any tips would be greatly appreciated! I am glad I am not the only one! Yeah I love your blog! I literally jump for joy when Jeremy offers:)
Aaron's pretty much a stud that is all I can say. (and he looks the part too) Merry Christmas to the awesome Helvig family!
Becky!! I found your blog!! Yea!
How was Christmas? So sorry (again) that we're slackers and didn't get to see anyone while we were in Flagstaff. Lame. I need to get better at this... soon! If you ever come up to Utah and need a place to stay, look us up.
Okay-- now I'll get to check in and see the latest! Just fair warning, though: I'm not the best blogger... checking, updating, or commenting. Yet another thing to work on, I guess! :) Have a great week!
Cooking is not my thing either!! Our poor husbands. Oh well. So have you noticed yet that you take a million more pictures of NOTHING now that you have a blog? Haha. I'm always thinking, Oh, I need a picture for the blog!
I've been trying to think of boys to send your way for the dance, but I don't feel like I'm close enough to anyone to ask them to travel... and to be quite honest, I don't know any that are really that attractive/I think would be fun dates. I'll keep looking around. When is it?
Post a Comment